Sunday, January 11, 2009

back in the swing...

Well it definitely feels great to be back here!
Being at home was just wonderful!  So great to be back with family and friends, and relax, and I was able to connect with some really great friends at home that I had really missed !  As well as have some great and much needed conversations! Although ...

It was great to be reunited with my roomates, leaders, friends ... and of course, the mountains!
It has been good to be back at NewLife, and I am excited to have the opportunity to be leading a Sunday morning small group for grade 7 and 8 girls now, in the 11 AM service.  

My first small group was today and it went well, and I'm very excited about where this might go ! Youth on Friday night also went well, and I'm feeling much more a part of the church, and definitely excited to be involved.  We had another youth meeting and it feels like we are playing more of a role which is very encouraging !

I'm very excited to be leaving tomorrow morning for a 5-day ski trip in Mt. Washington.

Lately I've just been feeling so blessed !  I feel like I have gained a new perspective on things in my life that are in fact blessings, and seeing how God is making broken areas in my life beautiful, and I've been seeing more and more of his redeeming power in my life.  I have lately been overcome with joy and excitement with where I am in Him.

Tonight  I was indirectly asked to consider what is my greatest fear, and I feel like I don't know the answer to that right now, but I'm committing to really think about it,

Blessings!
Erin 



3 comments:

Erin's Dad said...

Dear Erin,

It is great to have you 'back on the BLOG' although we did hope to see you be a little bit MORE SAD to have to leave home again and return to school.......... I know the friendships, the learning and the mountains are powerful draws to the west, but mom and I kind of want to be missed a little bit.

We loved having you home, but we are delighted to participate with you on this journey that you are on with the Kaleo team. Some of the best 'chats' were about hearing all about your adventures this fall. It was great meeting some of your new friends and speaking with some on the phone.

We continue to pray for you and wish you all the best in experiences with God, your teachers and your friends. Enjoy and treasure every moment and as you mentioned earlier in your blog - see them as blessings in your life.

We love and miss you already - have fun skiing and CALL US!

Love Dad

Erin's Dad said...

Poopsie! Where are you this week? I have read a couple of your friend's postings and I am waiting to write back to you. We can't wait to hear what you are up to.

XO

Erin's Dad said...

Hey, I am here to write a comment on your blog....... I still have a couple more to visit - but no one seems to have done today's entry yet........ I guess where you are it is only 7:10 p.m. Maybe everyone is working on theirs.

Dad