this week has been a really good one, and once again came up to surprise me, oh dear!
last week we took Old Testament Literature with Don Taylor. I think I expected the course to be long and dry, but it ended up being such an amazing week for it, and I was able to really dive into the Old Testament, and interact with in a way I hadn't before. Our whole group was involved in making a 30 minute video, in attempts to sum up the entire Old Testament. We had an amazing time doing it ... I played the part of Jacob. Last week definitely got me excited about reading and interacting with the Old Testament, and I think it has been my favourite class so far.
My involvement in New Life continues to get better! Last week we, as the Kaleo youth workers ran our own event! Thank you again for your prayers! There were about 100 kids in a small school gym. We ran whole bunch of games, and with the help of a megaphone were able to run a very fun and successful event with lots of laughs and no injuries! So thank you again for keeping us in your prayers!
Sunday morning bible study also went well, but lately I've been feeling like the material they supply me with is very shallow, and am hoping to plan my own bible studies for the girls ... I'm really excited to see how God can use me in this, and I truly do have a passion to reach jr. high age girls, when they are at such an influential time in their life.
The other night we had an amazing worship night, where I was definitely challenged to evaluate my priorities, and to look at where I have been investing my time and attention. It seems to me that I have been separating 'living' and being 'in worship'. I was really challenged by the idea of what it means to live with those in collaboration. To ensure that the way I am living my life is in fact glorifying to God, and my actions are a form of worship. It is a concept I have spent a lot of the week reflecting on ...
This week I am exhausted; in almost every sense. I am feeling the weight of many things. Besides running on very little sleep, I am emotionally drained, and with India training, our mass of homework, and some other things I am working through I'm finding it hard to find rest in Him. Please keep me in your prayers,
Erin

1 comment:
Dear Erin,
Thank you so much for sharing this posting with us. I am really pleased to hear that you loved your O.T. Literature course. I would love to see the video - Daniel and Jake mentioned it too. Will they show it at graduation?
I am also really happy to hear about your successful Youth Event. Had you planned specifically for "no injuries" or were you just fortunate?
Hey, Claire got out of the hospital today and Patricia got home tonight. She has been there for 12 days. Claire will be recuperating with the family of a man J-D went to school with who is now the Dean of Students - so hopefully her recovery will be a quick one. This is actually a very uncomfortable surgery/recovery so pray for her. I am sure she would really appreciate it.
Hey, I am teaching gr. 7/8 Sunday School next week too. I am preparing a study called - "What happened to you?" - it is a study on the 'transformation that occurs when we become a Christian. I am going to use 2 Cor. 5:17 and Gal. 2:20 - I will let you know how it goes.
Well we continue to miss you very much and I know that the closer it comes to coming home (yeah) the harder it will seem for you to say "Good-bye". We want you to know that we can't wait to have you home again. We love and miss you.
Dad xo
Post a Comment