I'll start off by letting you know that this week I learned to surf !
Our group traveled to Tofino for 3 days where we camped out by night and surfed by day. After being smashed around by the waves a
nd inhaling litres of salt water, I was able to get up on the board and the feeling was unbelievable !

Alivia, Daneille and I.
Our group at the very beginning.
Our group dynamics have begun to change, and we've been becoming a lot closer. In our chapel, we have started to share our testimonies with each other, and our relationships with each other are becoming much more than surface level, and I am finding that our community is a very safe place to be open with each other and share God has been laying on our hearts.
This week at my church ministry I was involved in jr. youth group. The theme was "stone soup" and every child was asked to arrive at church with a vegetable. We made a soup from scratch and froze it to send to the homeless shelter. After we made the soup, I was able to lead a 'connect group'. The kids are really opening up to me, and I am feeling a lot more comfortable in my role in the youth group. I have also had the opportunity to connect with a few of the older girls in the group. I'm feeling very encouraged about the year at New Life, and I appreciate all of your prayers.
Please pray that our group would continue to grow with each other and be stretched beyond our comfort levels.
Much love !
Erin

No comments:
Post a Comment