Well it has definately been an interesting week here.
It's crazy to think that we've been here for nearly 6 weeks. I have been feeling nothing but the overwhelming support and encouragement from our community in the last week, and I feel so blessed to have a glimpse of what God intends for the body of Christ here on earth.
This week we split into boys and girls and had overnights. While the boys went to JimBad's house barbequed steak, and played video games, our group of girls drove to Nanaimo and stayed at a beautiful beachfront property, where we shared in fellowship. We began the night with Indian food and ice cream, and by the end of the night we were able to open up with each other and share in our struggles. Being in this environment built me up in a very constructive way, and I was able to open up to the group in a way I hadn't been comfortable before, and share vulnerabilities I would normally not be prepared to. It is clear to me that God is breaking down walls I have spent my life building up, and my heart is in a very real and raw place right now. Please pray for protection as God is moving in my life, that our group would continue to be authentic with each other, and that God would continue to break down walls.
This week at my church our youth group had a monthly event called 'The Hunger'. There were over 150 youth who showed up, and it was the biggest turnout this church has ever had. The night began with singing some secular music, and then a speaker came up talking about how God meets us in our brokenness. Many of the kids who showed up have never been to church before and are seeking. Please pray that what happened at New Life would resinate with them, and they would continue to seek. On a personal note, I was able to really connect with a few of the youth on Friday, and I am becoming more aware of the hurt being experienced by the community of the Cowichan Valley. On Sunday we were invited to Pastor Mark's house for lunch, and we were blessed to share in fellowship with his family. He has been challenging me personally with his speaking, and it is great to see how he lives out what he speaks on.
On a personal note, school is really picking up and I am feeling the pressure of deadlines, and struggling with balancing schoolwork with social things, as there is always something fun and exciting going on here!
Thank you for your prayers!
LOVE ERIN

1 comment:
Dearest Erin,
Thank you for sharing your prayer requests with us, it helps us know exactly how to pray for you. I love this week's picture. Have you added these effects or was the sun really setting that 'spectacularly'. It sounds like 'girls' night and boys' night' was a lot of fun.
We still miss you a lot and can't wait to have you home at Christmas. Your cat is being fed regularly, his litter box is my top priority, and your room is staying VERY TIDY.
I shared your blog site with Aunt Jay and Judith, they were really glad to see all that you have been involved in. We all love you and miss you so much. We can't wait
'til you get home. XOXOXO
Post a Comment