Saturday, February 14, 2009

Psalm 151


This is a Psalm I wrote for my Christian Theology Course, enjoy !

Lost in the darkness, weak, alone

But LORD I feel that you are near

Your love surrounds me as the fog in the day, reminding me of your faithfulness

Your light shining through – the hope that finds me in you

 

Setting free the prisoners

You release them of their chains; shattering them into a thousand pieces

And with those shattered ruins, you create a masterpiece;

Beauty from the ashes

 

O to be held in the arms of the King; for who in the world would consider these chains a treasure?

Majesty, Abba Father, Faithful one

 

Can I remember a time where you were not?

Was it you who wept alongside me, O LORD?

Cradling me in your arms, a blanket of redemption

Your works O LORD are good

 

For it is in you that I will find refuge

Sovereign King, Lord above all, Saviour, Redeemer

 Friend

 

My hope is found in You O LORD, my king

 

Yahweh, You are faithful

And I find myself unworthy


3 comments:

Erin's Dad said...

Erin, I love Psalm 151 - thank you for sharing it with us.

It is really a lovely, honest reflection - one of my favourite lines is .....

"And with those shattered ruins, you create a masterpiece; Beauty from the ashes O to be held in the arms of the King"

By the way - that picture is amazing too. Is it you? Or did you take it of someone else? It is a beautiful picture.

Keep on writing these 'reflective' thoughts.......it will help you live that 'life of worship' you mentioned in this week's blog.

We love and miss you,

Dad and Mom.

Alivia :) said...

i took the picture :D
it was erin writing her psalm at the timee :)

Erin's Dad said...

Alivia - the picture is great and WOW it really adds LIFE to the writing of that Psalm.

Thanks for sharing that fact.....